KOL Access Webinars On Demand:
“The New Gingivitis Code: It’s All About Inflammation!”
On Demand CE now available!
This webinar presents dental hygiene as a front-line medical service from both a clinical and patient perspective, best practices for oral-systemic disease detection & prevention, and the application of a new US dental code.
Your patient presents with inflamed, hemorrhagic gingiva, light to moderate subgingival calculus, light supragingival calculus on the mandibular lingual anteriors, and generalized pseudo-pocketing.
During the entire previous history of US Current Dental Terminology (CDT) coding, there have been no truly accurate codes that can be used for the treatment this patient needs.
This changed in 2017. We can finally treat gingivitis after decades of merely dumping gingival inflammation into the same category as health. This new code can potentially close the loop and elevate our standard of care.
With increasing research pointing to the connection between oral disease and medical conditions, the timing is perfect. Early recognition ensures earlier intervention and disease prevention.
- Recognize and treat inflammation early
- Protect your practice against fraud
- Learn how to use the most accurate codes
- Discover new code-driven opportunities
Q&A included in webinar:
- Does an evaluation have to be completed the same day as the D4346 treatment?
- What is the fee charged?
- How would you best present this change in treatment coding to patients?
- Can D4346 be used for the first visit and then 2-3 week later can we charge out a D1110 code? Will insurance pay for this?
- What would the recall be after the D4346 code is first used?
- If insurance isn’t going to cover D4346, why should we bother to do all the work it takes?
How to qualify for CE:
- You must attend the entire presentation to qualify for CE credit. In accordance with AGD-PACE regulations, all CE applications will be screened for attendance.
- There are five questions on the quiz. Passing grade = 80%.
- Enter the same name and email for both the quiz and the webinar.
Approved PACE Program Provider. FAGD/MAGD Credit Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2018. Provider ID# 370528.