KOL Access Webinars On Demand
Thomas Viola, RPh, CCP:
“Dental Considerations in the Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus”
On Demand CE now available!
Tom Viola is one of dentistry’s most influential pharmacology experts and has presented hundreds of continuing education courses, nationally and internationally, in the areas of dental pharmacology and local anesthesia. In this webinar, specific emphasis is placed on recommended dental treatment modifications and patient management techniques necessary for dental patients living with diabetes.
An Overview of Diabetes Mellitus, Dental Considerations and Patient Care Planning
It is estimated that 29.1 million Americans, or 9.3% of the population, have diabetes. Of the 29.1 million, 21.0 million are diagnosed, and 8.1 million remain undiagnosed.
Diabetes remains the 7th leading cause of death in the United States. This program will provide participants with an overview of diabetes mellitus, the arsenal of medications used in its management and the impact of both the disease and its treatment on dental therapy.
Specific emphasis will be placed on recommended dental treatment modifications and patient management techniques necessary for dental patients living with diabetes.
- Identify the epidemiology and types of diabetes.
- Describe the pathophysiology of diabetes and its management and treatment options.
- Describe the complex interplay of diabetes, systemic inflammation and periodontal disease.
- Explain the impact of diabetes and its treatment on dental therapy.
After watching the full webinar, click the link below to launch a pop up CE Quiz. Completing the form will send your results to apply for a CE certificate (1 hour CE credit).
How to qualify for CE:
- You must attend the entire presentation to qualify for CE credit. In accordance with AGD-PACE regulations, all CE applications will be screened for attendance.
- There are five questions on the quiz. Passing grade = 80%.
- Enter the same name and email for both the quiz and the webinar.
Approved PACE Program Provider. FAGD/MAGD Credit Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2018. Provider ID# 370528.